Combine below verbs in capital letters with following sentences (replace bold typed verbs)
TELL • HOPE • REFUSE • PROMISE • ALLOW • INVITE
THREATEN • OFFER • AFFORD • SEEM • REMIND • ADVISE
1. 'Do not touch this statue,' the guide said to the tourists.
2. 'Hopefully, I can help them,' John said.
3. The child cried, 'No! I will not eat this spinach.'
4. Dad smiled, 'You can use my car, Ted.'
5. They said we could come and stay with them at their house.
6. 'I'll call the police, if you don't stop,' the man shouted.
7. Derek said, 'Don't worry! I won't be late.'
8. 'Shall I carry that suitcase for you?' he asked her.
9. We now have enough money and can buy that car.
10. That man looks as if he is waiting for someone.
11. 'Don't forget to water the flowers,' Mum said to me.
12. The doctor told me it would be best, if I stayed at home.