Use participial constructions instead:
2. Did you watch the King when he signed the Charter?
3. Did you notice that anybody laughed at the King?
a) A peasant's wife asks her husband in the evening:
Did you see the Queen when she arrived?
Did you see the Queen arriving?
1.Did you hear the Archbishop while he was talking to the King?
b) Her husband tells her: When I was working in our field....
4. I saw a great number of barons and bishops who rode past on horseback.
5. I heard hundreds of soldiers who came down the road.
6. I noticed the royal banner which was flying in the distance.
7. I watched the lords who went into the King's tent.
8. I suddenly felt a cold wind that was blowing from the Thames.