Change the following sentences into the passive voice:
1. All the sailors helped Drake with his preparations for the battle.
2. The Spaniards thought that the English would not be able to resist their Armada. (Use 'could')
3. Lord Howard advised Drake to follow him and make plans, but Drake did not join him.
4. The next day Drake followed the Armada up the Channel.
5. The Spanish captains obeyed their admiral's order not to begin a battle while they were in the Channel.
6. Some way further north, another Spanish fleet would have joined it, if the plan had succeeded.
7. All the English sailors believed Drake when he said they would destroy the huge Armada.
8. Drake's behaviour and courage pleased the Queen, and she and all England thanked Drake for his great deed.