1. Mark, 'There you are at last! I (to wait)_________________ for you for hours.'
Jo, 'Sorry! When (you; to get)___________________ here?' Mark, 'At least two hours ago.
I (to stand about) ____________________ in the rain all this time, and as you see without an
umbrella. Look, how wet I (to become)____________________. Why (you; not to leave)_______________
home earlier?' Jo, 'I'm sorry I (not to get) _____________ here at the time we (to arrange)
2. Work (just; to begin)___________________on the new school hall. It (to finish) _______________
next spring. The headmaster said that work that work (to begin) __________________ on the new school hall, and that it (to finish)
_____________ the following spring.
3. David was tired when he (to arrive) ___________________ home that evening. It (to be) _______________
a long day for him. He (to leave) ___________________ London early that morning, and heavy traffic on the M25 (to make)
_____________________ the journey seem longer than ever.
4. If Mike had won more matches last year, he (not to lose) ______________________ interest so easily. If Patrick
(to try) ___________________ hard enough, he could get really good.
5. When (the last bus; to go) _____________________ to Victoria Station? It (to leave) _____________
at 11.15 and (to arrive) ______________ at 11.35.
6. Oh, that's fine..If we (to hurry up) _______________ , we (to be) ______________ just in time for the last bus.
7. (you; to plan) ______________________ anything for the coming weekend, Michael? Yes, I
(to celebrate) ___________________ my birthday party on Saturday.
8. Last summer Fiona and Gillian (to go) _________________ on a bike tour through Scotland. After they (to pack)
___________________ all their things, they (to leave) ________________ in the early afternoon. But before they (to have)
________________ some tea. On their way through the Cairngorms they (cannot; to see) __________________
much, because fog (to begin) _________________ to cover the mountains a long time before they got there.