Fill in the correct form of the simple past and the past perfect respectively.
1. Tim (to feel) ___________________________________ ill because he (to eat)
_________________________________ too much.
2. When they (to finish) ______________________________ they ________________________________ (to go home).
3. Jim (to be) ____________________________ to London before and (to find)
______________________________ Buckingham Palace quickly.
4. I ((just; to go) ________________________________ to bed when the phone (to ring)
5. When I (to arrive) _________________________________ at the station I (to find)
____________________________that my train (to leave) _______________________________ .
6. Bob (to admit) ______________________________that he (to steal) _________________________________ the car.
7. Sarah (to pass) _______________________________ the exam as she (to prepare)
____________________________ herself carefully and (to read) _____________________________ all the prescribed books.
8. When Ken (to come) __________________________________ home he (to see)
_____________________________ that he (to forget) _________________________ to put the lights out.
9. John (to be) ____________________________ late because he (to miss)
__________________________________ the bus.
10. Our dog (never; to see) _______________________________ snow before and (to bark)
11. The hunter (to cry out) _____________________________________ loud and (to yell)
_____________________________ that he (to be bitten) ________________________________ by a snake.
12. If you (to ask) ___________________________________ me, I could have helped you..