BRITAIN - A GROWING NATION
Draw conclusions from above graph:
1. What do the following terms mean?
a. migration and other changes
b. total change
c. natural change
2. Which are the two regions within England where the population has increased the most between 2004 and 2005? Think of reasons for this cahnge.
3. The North West has experienced relatively high numbers of births and deaths. What do you think are the reasons for these figures?
4. What does the line graph in the lower left hand corner suggest about the changes in the UK population in the past 15 years?
5. Interpret the line graph in the upper right hand corner.
From: The Times, Aug. 25, 06
Figures from the Office of National Statistics